Annika Dunigan Vs Scott Dunigan
Tony Award winner Anika Noni Rose recently finished filming the lead role of the pilot episode Beast Mode (TBS / Macro), which is based on life of legendary boxing trainer Ann Wolfe. In 2022, Anika starred in the title role of ‘Carmen Jones’ in John Doyle’s production at the Classic Stage Company in … Rose said, “I always dreamed of being a voice in a Disney movie, but even in those dreams, I never once dreamed of being a princess… I feel like what an honor that this is and how the dream comes true, bigger and stronger than I had even imagined it.”
As one of the stories in the series, Rose chose the Princess and the Frog book “Tiana’s Growing Experiment.” Rose played the adult Kizzy in two episodes of television’s Roots, an adaptation of the novel by Alex Haley and remake of the 1977 miniseries. Critic Alan Sepinwall, in suggesting Emmy nominees to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, called her “one of the best parts of the outstanding Roots ensemble”.
The Princess And The Frog
Rose’s performance in the film garnered one nomination for an NAACP Image Award and three nominations for the Black Reel Awards. Rose was born in Bloomfield, Connecticut, to Claudia and John Rose, a corporate counsel. She began her acting career in Bloomfield high school, appearing in a school production during her freshman year.
- In 2022, she guest-starred in “Gone Abie Gone”, episode 3, season 24 of The Simpsons, voicing Abe Simpson’s second wife, Rita LaFleur.
- Rose said at the time, “Not only is the first black princess, she’s the first American princess. So, the scope and the significance is larger than people even realize.” Rose added that she hoped her role in the film would help affirm young brown-skinned children by seeing someone who looks like them in a Disney film.
- Both of the full-scale tuners were rumored for transfers, but neither made it anywhere after their limited engagements ended.
- She followed Footloose with numerous workshops and two musicals using pre-existing song catalogs, Eli’s Comin’ Off-Broadway and Me and Mrs. Jones with Lou Rawls in Philadelphia.
- After her film debut, King of the Bingo Game, she played the role of Kaya in From Justin to Kelly in 2003 and performed in Temptation in 2004, followed by Surviving Christmas as a singer in the choir.